I am a Research Scientist and Manager at Google Zurich (Switzerland), where I lead an applied research team in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. I am also affiliated to the Faculty of Computer Science at TU Munich (Germany) as lecturer (Privatdozent).
An up-to-date list of publications is available at my Google Scholar. My research activity has been mostly focused on different aspects of 3D computer vision, such as 3D scene understanding, 3D object recognition, 3D reconstruction/modeling, SLAM. The fields of application of my research are mainly in robotics, augmented reality, autonomous driving and healthcare. I am currently particularly excited about unsupervised/self-supervised learning for visual data, deep implicit models and scene graphs for scene understanding.
- Mar 2022: 6 papers accepted at CVPR 2022
- Feb 2022: I am Area Chair for ECCV 2022
- Jan 2022: I am Assoc. Editor for IROS 2022.
- Oct 2021: I was awarded a Neurips ‘21 Oustanding Reviewer award.
- Sep 2021: I was awarded an ICCV ‘21 Outstanding Reviewer award.
- Sep 2021: I am an Associate Editor for ICRA ‘22
- Aug 2021: 3 papers accepted at ICCV ‘21.
- Jul 2021: I am Area Chair at 3DV ‘21
- Jun 2021: I was awarded a CVPR ‘21 Outstanding Reviewer award.
- Apr 2021: 4 papers accepted at CVPR ‘21.
- Mar 2021: 5 papers accepted at ICRA ‘21.
- Feb 2021: Keynote Speaker at VISIGRAPP 2021.
- Jul 2020: 5 papers accepted at ECCV ‘20, 3 of which orals (2% acceptance rate).
- Jun 2020: 3 papers accepted at IROS ‘20 (1 with RAL).
- Mar 2020: My TEDx talk on deep learning and 3D computer vision is available online.
- Feb 2020: 2 papers accepted at CVPR ‘20.
- Aug 2019: 5 papers accepted at ICCV ‘19, 2 of which orals (4.3% acceptance rate).